The Rain City Flyers cross country program, in its 25th season in 2013, is open to all girls and boys interested in running, regardless of prior experience, ages 7 to 18. Practices begin on Tuesday, September 3rd, at Woodland Park in Seattle. Runners are welcome to join throughout the season. The early season club meets on the schedule are developmental.
No prior organized running experience is required, but participants should come with a commitment to working to achieve their personal best, both as an individual and as a member of the team. We have a great group of people involved in our program, and have fun at practices and meets. Invite your friends to join with you. If you are on a high school, middle school or CYO team, you can join Rain City Flyers at the completion of your season.
Please download these Information, Registration, and Health Forms: Welcome to Rain City | Registration Form | Health Forms
- Practices: Beginning September 3, 2013, team practices are at Woodland Park on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:00-5:30 p.m. and Saturday mornings, 9:00-10:30 a.m, when there is no Saturday meet. Practices are rain or shine and you should dress accordingly. Through November 1, practices start at Picnic Shelter No. 3, in Woodland Park, off North 50th just to the east of Aurora Ave. Practices last about 90 minutes. Beginning Tuesday, November 5, after daylight savings time ends, practices start at the lighted parking lot between the Greenlake track and the tennis courts, off Greenlake Way.
- How To Join: Team membership applications can be obtained at practices or by contacting Jim Neff. The team membership fee is $15 for an individual and $25 for a family. Race entry fees are separate for each race entered. The cost of a team singlet is $15. Participation in the Junior Olympics meets requires membership in USA Track & Field, which costs $20 for an annual membership.
- Coaches: Jim Neff is the Rain City Flyer head cross country coach. Jim has been a Rain City Flyer coach since the team was organized in 1989 and the head coach since 1994. Jim is also a high school track coach. Corey Batten has been with Rain City Flyers since 1994, starting as the parent of a runner and staying on as a coach.
- For Further Information: Contact Coach Jim Neff
Email: email@example.com | Phone 206•523•4233
You can also contact Coach Corey Batten, firstname.lastname@example.org | 206•361•0179
- Spring Track: Visit the Spring Track page for information about running with the Meadowbrook Community Center and Rain City Spring programs. Contact Corey Batten about summer running.
- 2013 Cross Country Meet Schedule: Visit the Meet Schedule page for the most recent schedules. (Updated as meets are announced.)
- Members Section: Private area for Rain City Flyers Members - Please use Contact Page to request login information!